Automotive Youth Educational Systems (AYES) offers high school students a career pathway into the rapidly growing, in-demand automotive service industry.
How? By serving as the conduit between career-minded high school students and automotive business employers looking for talent. We bring the two together through an innovative educational program rooted in decades of automotive service excellence. (Curious? Learn how it works.)
The result? Serious benefits for schools and instructors, employers and students.
Benefits to Schools and Instructors
- Provides contextual learning. AYES fuses academics, training, mentorship and career guidance in bold, new ways based on “real-world” context.
- Improves perception in the community. Schools showcase their commitment to workforce preparedness.
- Fosters community collaboration. Employers, public leaders, and local businesses work alongside schools to offer internships and advice.
- Forges employer relationships. New bonds lead to meaningful student job placements.
- Provides access to ASE Student Career Mobile link. Access helps with reviewing qualified, local leads.
- Succeeds in workforce preparedness. For over 20 years, AYES has been offered in NATEF-accredited schools all across the country. And it is only gaining momentum.
- Lends credibility to CTE programming. Both the U.S. Department of Education and the U.S. Department of Labor have acknowledged AYES’s pivotal role in our nation’s CTE programming and overall workforce development. It works.
Interested in becoming an AYES site? Contact your regional alliance field manager to learn more!
Benefits to Students & Parents
- A bright, secure future. AYES students embark on an in-demand, long-term career path full of opportunities rich with innovation—varied and textured to chart your own course.
- ASE-brand recognition. In this industry, an ASE stamp-of-approval means a lot—it represents quality, excellence and a commitment to safety.
- Strengthened employability skills. Through AYES’ partnership with SkillsUSA, students learn the ever-important teamwork skills such as dependability, positive attitude, collaborative spirit and more.
- Mentorship and guidance in “real-world” settings. Students learn, train, practice, observe and collaborate with trained mentors and employers through AYES’ internship program. This provides context to what is being taught—learning by doing.
- A process that works. AYES has a presence in schools all across the country (now in 45 states) and has graduated over 100,000 career-ready students. Hear some of their stories.
- Confidence booster. Students perform real-life tasks with meaningful guidance from mentors, employers & educators. They learn by doing. And it works.
Want to learn more?
See how the program works.
Benefits to Employers
AYES partners with automotive service businesses on all levels.
- Nationally: corporate industry leaders in vehicle, parts, tool and equipment manufacturing.
- Regionally: automotive service and repair associations, retail trade associations, state departments of education and labor.
- Locally: automotive service and repair providers in the community.
- Quality talent. Participating with an AYES school gives you priority access to the technicians of tomorrow. Tapping into AYES’ network of eager, inspired, technically-driven students gives any automotive service business a tremendous advantage in a competitive market.
- Employee retention and growth. By working with young people early in their career, employers can cultivate and mentor new hires—avoiding costly turnover and instead cementing long-term relationships that flourish over time. See our intern value calculator to get a sense of what this can mean to your bottom line!
- “Hard” and “soft” skills. Technical aptitude shares equal weight with inter-personal work-skills such as communication, collaboration, dependability and positive attitudes.
- “Boots on the ground” intel. Field network (Q to team: who’s the field network? This is a little unclear) to assist with building relationships and access to programs, instructors and students.
- Results Driven! AYES has successfully paired over 100,000 students with fruitful careers.